Keeping Your Data Safe
What type of information do you collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and your computer and connection information. We also use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do you collect information?
- to provide and operate our service—we require up to date information from our clients in order to organise and conduct our motorcycle tours;
- to use for marketing purposes on our site or social media pages;
- to provide our users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- to be able to contact our visitors and users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- to create aggregated statistical data in order to improve our services;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do you store this information?
Our website is hosted on the GoDaddy platform, using the WordPress content management system. GoDaddy provides us with the online platform that allows us to provide our products and services. Your data is stored through GoDaddy’ data storage, databases and other general GoDaddy applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
We may take the information you enter on this website or provide us with when you contact us and store it physically, for example on a computer HDD or on a smartphone. We also do this in the process of updating and backing up this site. In all these instances, we make sure your information is as safe as possible, taking precautions like keeping devices stored securely and password protecting all sensitive data.
All direct payment gateways used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Who has access to this information?
We take your privacy seriously. We will never sell your personal information. The only people who have access to your personal information are our staff members who require it to be able to provide our motorcycle touring service and our webmaster who administers this website. Our webmaster will not access your personal information unless absolutely necessary, for example if there’s a problem with your account that needs to be resolved. Occasionally, we use messages, images and videos given to us by our clients for marketing purposes, for example to display as testimonials on our site or our social media pages.
Can I Delete My Personal Information?
Of course! While we retain the information provided to us by visitors to this website who make enquiries with us, and by customers even after their tours are over, we only do this so that we’re able to provide them with a better service if they decide to ride with us in the future. If you’re concerned about our use of your personal information and would like to know what personal information we are keeping, or would like to amend it, or would like us to delete all of it, just let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll delete it within 7 days.
How do you communicate with your site visitors?
Close communication with our customers is vital for organising and conducting our motorcycle tours. We may also contact you to troubleshoot problems with your booking, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to enforce our user agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text message, and messaging applications.
Types of Cookie
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
- Advertising cookies, which are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
- Analytics cookies, which monitor how users reach the site, and how they interact with and move around the site. These cookies let us know what features on the site are working the best and what features on the site can be improved.
- Our cookies, which are ‘first-party cookies’, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the site.
- Personalization cookies, which are used to recognize repeat visitors to the site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the site.
- Security cookies, which help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
- Site management cookies, which are used to maintain your identity or session on the site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
- Third-party cookies, which may be placed on your computer when you visit the site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
Control of Cookies
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of this site. In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
Other Tracking Technologies
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Site to help customize the site and improve your experience. A ‘web beacon’ or ‘pixel tag’ is tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails, and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
How Can I Contact You?